Looking to immigrate to Canada and invest at the same time? You might be interested in the Quebec Investor Program, a scheme that was launched in 2014 and continues to accept applications. The primary objective of this program is to attract foreign capital into the province by way of investment, which can also lead to citizenship if you meet certain standards. If you’re thinking about applying for the QIIP, read on for all the details you need to know.
Who Can Apply for the QIIP?
The QIIP is intended primarily for investors who want to settle in Quebec. Make sure that you understand this important detail, as it will affect other aspects of your application. If you’re not a Quebec resident, you may still be able to apply but you would need to find an accredited investor who will act as your host in the province. However, the program does have some specific requirements for applicants. These requirements are designed to ensure that all candidates for this program have the financial means to make a significant investment and contribute to the Quebec economy.
The Application Process
In order to apply for Quebec Immigrant Investor Program you’ll need to gather the following documents:
- A completed application form for Quebec Immigration Investor. This can be downloaded from the official website. Your educational and work history.
- A detailed financial statement. This will include information about your assets, your liabilities, and your annual income from all sources.
- A business plan, if you want to apply through the entrepreneur stream of the QIIP.
- A financial plan, if you want to apply through the investor stream of the QIIP.
- A host agreement if you’re applying via the reciprocity stream of the QIIP. You’ll also need to get a letter of recommendation from a financial or business partner and arrange for the payment of the application fee.
The next steps in the application process will involve the following:
- An interview with an immigration officer at the Quebec consulate.
- A medical examination (if applicable).
- A security and criminal record check (if applicable).
What are the Advantages of Becoming a Quebec Investor?
As well as providing you with a clear path to Canadian citizenship, there are a number of other advantages to becoming a Quebec investor. These include:
- Low entry point. Unlike some other routes to Canadian citizenship, you won’t need to meet a high income threshold with the QIIP. All you need is CAD$800,000 to be able to apply for this program.
- Fast processing time. Once you’ve submitted your complete application through the QIIP, it should take around 12 to 18 months to be processed. This is a relatively quick turnaround compared to the rest of the Canadian immigration process.
- Investment in the Quebec economy. Your investment is likely to be put toward projects that will create jobs in the province and boost its economy.
If you want to move to Quebec and become a citizen of Canada, you may want to consider applying to the QIIP. To do this, you’ll need to be approved as an investor and meet a few other requirements. Once you’re a Quebec investor, you’ll have a path to Canadian citizenship that can be completed in around two years. To get started, make sure you have all the necessary documentation and gather your funds. Then, submit your application and wait for it to be processed.