Most social media platforms that exist today do not permit kids to sign up and TikTok also comes with its own rules. Your account will be deleted if you are not at least 13 or above. If your account does not have the right age, now is the time to change it. You may not be able to access some features because of your age as well. While you can easily change your TikTok profile, the same does not apply to changing your age on the platform. You cannot do this on your own and need to contact TikTok’s support team. Here is how you can do this:
- Launch the app on your smartphone
- Tap Me or Profile in the lower right corner
- Go to the top-right and click on the three dots icon to open Settings and Privacy
- Scroll down to the Support option and then go to Report a Problem
- It is time to choose Account and Profile
- Choose the Editing Profile option on the next screen
- Now you tap on Other
- Choose the Need More Help option here
- A blank field will be provided to you here and this is where you make an effort to convince the TikTok team that you have entered the incorrect age by mistake and need to update it. You do not need to provide any documents or photos at this stage.
- The support team will now process your request. They will typically ask you to provide a photo of your ID for proving your birthday. Respond to the email with the required document/photograph.
Once you have done so, hopefully the team will be ready to change your age and you will be able to use your TikTok account without any hassle.